My lungs are smiling.

Jeff Bower

Finally picked up a HF collector. Only had to redrill 2 holes and add one nut. Went together pretty well...just need to run some hose/pipe and I'll be sucking some dust up!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361656394489.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361656394489.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 71
You and your lungs will enjoy that, been very happy with mine. Need to build the Thein separator for mine yet, mostly been using it on the tablesaw. I finally bought some of the quick connects to put on the flex hose to make it easier to get on/off the other tool outlets so I'll use it on the others more often now.

Purple? :eek: It may look good in Vaughn's shop but I can't do purple. I'm from Kansas and I'm a Jayhawk...not a wildcat.
I'm gonna go over to my dads shop and raid his hose/coupling stash today. He's out of town so he won't miss it:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Got some time this weekend to start running some pipe for dust collection. Everything is just dry fit for now until I get it all worked out. Need another 10 footer of pipe and a few more fittings and I'll be good to go. The last pic shows the start of the run that will go under my bench to the tablesaw.

Attachments

• IMAG2019.jpg
    IMAG2019.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMAG2017.jpg
    IMAG2017.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG2020.jpg
    IMAG2020.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 36
:thumb: You building a ramp over that pipe on the floor? Need to do the same with mine, either over head or across the floor like that, which I could do and just build up a raised floor on that side of my saw.

How did the green pipe fit on your gates and such, did you have to heat them or does the green pipe slip right over?

I'm not going to bother with a ramp or raised floor. I have room on the other side of the bench to roll anything that I would need. I thought about going overhead, but decided to keep it simple and just run it on the floor. The green pipe fits somewhat snug on the blast gates. I will be adding a bit of tape to build the gate up and then using a couple of screws to keep them on tight. I might then tape the joints as well if needed...will decide that after I use it for awhile.

Looking good, Jeff. I'll second the suggestion to add the Wynn filter. Not only will you increase the airflow, you'll have MUCH better filtration. As it is, the HF filter bag is about as porous as a screen door when it comes to trapping the really harmful (nearly invisible) dust. I have the 0.5 micron paper filter on mine and wouldn't want to run the DC without it.

I understand purple is out, but a nice blue would look sweet. :D

Very nice Jeff I think i am gonna have a go at one of those too in teh future but definitely look at the Wynn filter otherwise you actually gonna be doing yourself more damage than good with the unit. Its only really gonna be acting as a chip collector and dust spewer. The thought is that if the stuff aint filtered from the air then recirculating it through the dust collector is actually keeping it in suspension worse than no dust collector.

I had a 1.5hr webinar this morning that I helped create content for so I knew it would be boring.:rolleyes: Figured I better find something to pass the time...was browsing over on Lumberjocks and saw this great tutorial on modifying a HF DC...thought some of you might enjoy. I won't do this right away, but will probably at least add the remote switch. Man I wish I could just blow dust outside!

jeff just use a dry fit dont glue your joints..that way you can change it if you decide to

Yep, I'm gonna use a short screw on a few of the corner joints but no glue on anything. Heck, I've revised it 3 or 4 times already and haven't even hooked it all up yet. :doh:What about some tape around the joints? Needed or not?