Bath vanity and medicine/mirror cabients

Jim Hager

It's been a long time since I posted anything here except for a reply to a thread here and there. I've kept up with a good number of you by reading posts from time to time. We are building a new home after a move across the state and also moving my cabinet shop. Lots of things have changed for me for sure. Here is a shot of what I was installing at the new house today. There are two of these in the master bath, (look in the mirror for the other one). They are done with poplar and maple with white wb lacquer and vandyke brown glaze and a wb lacquer clearcoat. I also installed another set of bath cabinets today too but didn't take photos. Still got one more to do tomorrow after church. The kitchen is also built and will get installed next week.

Doesn't look like the pics got attached Jim. Looks like it tried, will take a look to see if something happened on our side, but may try re-attaching them again.

Follow Up: I took a look and there wasn't a record for the attachment specified in your post. I'd be interested in the steps you used to try and attach it to see if there is an issue with the system, so shoot me a PM if you see this. Either way you'll need to upload the image again. :wave:

Last edited:
bath cabinets.JPGbath cabinets.JPG

Now I remember why I stopped posting, the pics are difficult for me for what ever reason. Oh well, someone please tell me if you see the picture I put on this post twice. I see it on my screen but then I did on the first one too.

Last edited:
Looks like another item was put on the honey do list.:thud: Makes me wonder if her breaking her mirror really was and accident?:whistling:

Cabinetwork looks very good, and the installation came out very clean. Just curious as to why the upper cabinet wasn't made to be trimmed in like the base cabinet. Was it because of the crown? Hard to see the exact color, but it looks good. What did you use for a countertop?

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

Last edited:
Cabinetwork looks very good, and the installation came out very clean. Just curious as to why the upper cqabinet wasn't made to be trimmed in like the base cabinet. Was it because of the crown? Hard to see the exact color, but it looks good. What did you use for a countertop?

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

The upper cabinet is like it is because that's the way I like it. I have capitols above the doors in the house and that upper crown and light mounting on the med cabinet resembles the rest of the work in the house. You can catch a glimpse of one in the left corner of the picture. The color is "white" with a van dyke brown glaze. The countertop is cultured marble.