According to Canadian Geese (not the brightest in my opinion) spring must be here

Rob Keeble

Well now forget what all the groundhogs say, i have seen two flocks of Canadian geese coming back this morning. So regardless of the fact that we in for a week of bad weather these brain heads reckon its spring time and are coming back. :doh: Have no idea what they planning on getting by on because snow is pretty thick on the ground and we aint due for a thaw this week.
Wonder if they know something Environment Canada don't. :rofl:

Sure is a good site though. I love seeing them return it kinda tells you the tough part of winter is pretty much near an end. :):thumb: Don't envy anyone having to deal with these characters on their property though they sure can make a mess.

Well, they're heading out of here on a pretty large scale. I'm seeing flocks of 20~50 birds at a time, heading North. There's a large lake here, surrounded by corn fields, so we get literally thousands of geese wintering over - mainly Canadians, but this year there were several pretty big flocks of snow geese, too.

They must be thinking Winter is over, since they're leaving, but the TV weather guessers are all saying next week will be back to brutal. Time will tell who's right, geese or meteorologists...

well maybe they are headed up north because down south is going to be bad:) and as for the surviving the rivers dont all freeze rob and they can survive in a river..

I know that in the NW suburbs of chicago, some of the Canadian geese no longer migrate and spend all year round hanging out in the lush landscaping of the large subdivisions.

Not sure which is smarter, or dumber, as I saw 5 Robins playing in the bushes at the front of my house. Kinda glad they weren't Canadian Geese. LOL

I saw a flock the other day Rob, but I'm sorry to say they were heading south! Must've been your group figured they were too early and made a right turn.

Quite a number of them actually spend the winter in the bays along the south shore of NS. Must be the modern generation too lazy to keep up tradition and fly south!

Peter you cracking me up.:) You painted quiet a picture with those words. Wish i had cartoon skills :)

Jim we gonna get plastered tomorrow and next day is what weather boys here are saying so i dunno these characters might be smarter than what i think, they getting in before storm. :) lol

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

SoCal is the king of false starts. Since the temp difference between winter and spring is only a few degrees, you can't blame the wildlife and livestock from freaking out a bit.