spalted crotch white oak HF

Thought this was a nice looking piece of wood.It's been sitting in the shop for about 1 1/2 years. Well yesterday i decided to finish turn it. The first thing it did was snap off the tenon.:(:doh: Well i almost threw it in the burn bin. After thinking about it for a bit, decided to glue it back on. This AM i took it out of clamps and put it back on the lathe and took really light cuts till it was all hollowed to a 1/4 in.:)Well it's 7x 4, and finished with 2 coats of teak oil followed by wax and buff.
Steve005 (800x546).jpg004 (800x550).jpg008 (800x600).jpg009 (800x600).jpg011 (800x506).jpg

That was worth a bit of glue and an overnight wait. Came out looking sweet, Steve. :thumb:

I think every time I've glued a broken tenon back on, the piece survived the rest of the ride just fine. ;)

What hollowing tools do you use? Love this type of form but I have a hard time getting the shoulder transition. Mine inevitable are thicker than I like and I am NOT a member of the 'it's gotta be thinner' club. I more focused on form and finish than on wall thickness.