Cherry Chips...

Greg Cook

I finally took a quick break from remodeling the house and put a piece of a cherry limb in my mini Jet. This is my first "turning" of wet wood...OK, basically my first turning period! I got the cherry from trees that were blown down in a storm in January. I'm not sure what to do with this... but it sure is pretty wood!

I had a piece with several limbs that my wife liked...so I put it in our front flower bed. Today we looked close, and there are flowers that have grown and bloomed!

I only spend about 15 minutes or so with this...but I think I may start putting more time in turning.

Last edited:
Whoo Hoo, now you are REALLY hooked!! :D

Once them wet curlies start flying round the shop, you are a goner, nothing beats it! :thumb:

Greg, those limbs are the PERFECT size for making some mushrooms, go find the threads I put up on them, they are fun to make, quick and easy, and everyone seems to like them, heck, I've sold a couple ($5).

Nice to see the flowers blooming after the winter you guys had this year, I bet :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Stu,

I was/is fun with the chips...man they really fly off!

I'll give the mushroom thing a shot..I've got lots of limbs that size.

Note...the Sakura blossoms are growing/blooming in a cut stump...cut down last Jan! The stump is about 18" tall and just sitting in our flower bed.

The wood is pretty...I may make a vase, or a mushroom, or a "Bonker" or just a mess...:rofl:

I was surprsed at the wet chips...all over the place! It was/is fun!