dont mess with your dog

allen levine

I cant figure out how to link an article here, but I read this morning that a dog shot its owner.(in the leg, the owner is ok) No charges were filed against the dog.
(it happenned in florida)

Guns don't shoot people, loaded guns shoot people. Like many of our own goofs, basic safety would have prevented this. ;-)

Guns don't shoot people, loaded guns shoot people. Like many of our own goofs, basic safety would have prevented this. ;-)

Agreed. I'll add that a properly stored loaded handgun will not fire when kicked by a dog. Sounds like the gun was not in a holster, which would have protected the trigger. (Assuming it wasn't a cheaply made pistol without a proper hammer block or firing pin block. If it was a cheap gun, the guy deserved the hole in his leg.)

Well shoot, seems like someone was dog gone lucky or they'd be barking up a whole nother tree... (best I could do).

I have at least one "cheap gun" bought in the ignorance of youth, I don't use it anymore but I'd feel bad about selling it cause its such a stinker. I'll say the same about cheap ammo, not worth it! Misfires give me the willies.

Ryan, maybe you could keep an eye out for a "buy back" program in your area. It'll take the gun out of circulation and you get to pocket a bit of cash or a gift card. I've got one or two worn out and unsafe pistols at home in LA that will go to the next buy back event I can get to.

buy back programs here dont work if the gun is legally registered to you.
I think everyone here would be handing over their old pieces of junk for 250 bucks.

Different in California, I guess. The ones I've read about were all "no questions asked" events.