Pelican Painting

Anyone like pelicans. I can take them or leave them but this one caught my eye.
20130224_184717.jpg

20130227_195928.jpg

20130227_215953.jpg

That will be a nice picture. I've pulled fish hooks and unwrapped mono-filament from a couple of these critters. They sure can get themselves in trouble.

Dave,
I can't paint the side of a house well, and am always in awe of those who can take a canvas and create a work of art.... my wife paints sometimes and does a fantastic job and we both belong to two local art groups... she as a painter and me as a wood artist. It's amazing to me what some of the people can do with a canvas and paint..... your artwork is just as or more amazing than some I've seen in our group.... looking forward to seeing the finished project.

We had the brown pelicans down in Galveston when I was living in Houston area... was fascinating to go down to the beach and watch them... my son is a part time photographer and had some pictures of the brown pelicans that I wanted to post for you, but evidently I don't have them on my computer anymore... his photographs can be seen at www.tellicoimages.com

Im not an art critic, know little or nothing about different types of art, but what I find most capturing(as in the work captures my eyes each time) about your art dave, is the way you paint something with enough detail to make it seem like it has life, like it can just come off that canvas and it is alive.

Thanks Allen, That's what I like to hear. It is what it is to the viewer.
I don't want to the painting to look like a photograph, I want to retain the painterly look but still capture the life of my subjects.

Just catching up Dave have not had much time to be commenting lately but oh boy you keep doing it. Very cool pelicans. Not my favorite bird though. :)
Oh btw i think the beard really suites you :thumbup:
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2