Carob Vase

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Just catching up on some pics of things I turned last year...this one is carob, about 5" tall and 3 1/2" wide. Nothing real fancy, but I thought it was a pretty piece of wood. This was salvaged by another turner from a tree trimmer in Los Angeles. I think it was finished with Formby's Tung Oil Finish (don't recall for sure), then buffed and waxed. It has a crack or two in it, but nothing bad enough for me to worry about. It's not like I was planning to store liquids in it or anything. ;)

C&C welcome as always. :wave:

VM%201033%2001%20-%20800.jpg

That's a great looking piece of wood. Very vibrant colors. Nice piece. I've eaten carob but never turned it. Looks like it turns better than it tastes....

Thanks for the comments, gang. :thumb: I realized tonight that I'm not sure where this piece is right now. I know I brought it to ABQ and had it at the office for a while. I thought I had brought it back home, but it's not in my apartment, and I'm pretty sure it's not on my desk at the office anymore. It's either in a desk drawer, or hiding behind a monitor, or someone at work decided to take it home. I guess I'll find out on Monday. :doh:

I wasn't able to find it at the office, and was starting to get a bit upset about a potential thief at work, but I did find it at my apartment, packed in a box of bubble wrap. I had packed it up with several pieces to take to someone's house and show, and apparently had unpacked everything from the box except the carob piece. Mystery solved. :thumb: (Still, I do intend to go looking for it at your house one of these days, Nate. I know it won't be there, but I'll bet I find a bunch of other nice work.) :D