It's been a productive day!

John Pollman

I'm tired, but it's a good tired. I feel good because I got something accomplished today.

The hardware for that Oak blanket chest I made should be in tomorrow or Saturday. When it is I'll mount it and then I can finish it once I get the final color choice. But last night I had a request for another blanket chest. They want it very similar to the first, but only one compartment and slightly larger. They want it painted too. I went out this morning and picked up the material. It's a little after 9:00 and it's pretty much finished! Because it's being painted, I used Birch plywood and some poplar for the legs and trim. It came out very nice. I've just got to hit Woodcraft tomorrow to pick up another set of cabinet hinges and then I can mount the lid and do a little final sanding and it's ready for prime and paint. I'll post pics when it's finished.

Picked up the hardware and installed it this morning. Gonna prime it this afternoon and then find out what color she wants it. Then a couple coats of color and it will be good to go. I'm only painting the outside, the inside will remain raw wood.

blanket chest single1.jpgblanket chest single2.jpgblanket chest single3.jpg