Value of 6+ year old TS???

SOLD!!!!!

The buyer arrived with his wife today & as soon as he saw the table he handed me the money. Since he had to travel a bit, I sold it to him for $125 to help offset the high gas prices in our region. He was gushing with joy and really surprised me with his enthusiasm over the saw. We broke the saw down into manageable sections & he carried everything up a flight of stair to the garage & then to his small SUV. He even had his wife help him carry the accessories - wouldn't let me carry anything. He's a happy camper & I'm happy he is.

Now I have some space available for the new-to-me-saw!

i hope it sells for you, i like your ad.

I have been ere in Lancaster County Pa for going on 30 years now and one of the things I have a hard time getting used to is so many people here either don't price what they sit out to sell or if they do price it as if it was new. I just get in my truck and go on down the road.

There was an Astro mini van that set out for sale over two years because the owner wasn't going to give it away. And everyone is trying to sell their houses for what they were worth at the peak....

I can rarely find any tools on craig's list most days for anywhere near what they are worth..

So I'd say you are doing right Al..

Thanks Gerry, appreciate your comments.

I agree with Larry. You both made out nicely. He got a fine price, and you get the knowledge that your old saw will be very appreciated by another woodworker. :thumb:

Depending on where you live can make a big difference. I'm in a retiremetn community. Every friday night the local auction house always has several old Craftsman table saws and other ww equipment. Those saws often do not sell and when they do frequently go for as little as $20.00, sometimes more for a good one.
I bought one at a garage sale several months ago for $25.00. It had a new 1 hp motor on it which I found immediately was way underpowered. I ended up replacing the mother with a 3 hp 220v, new wiring and a new switch. I now have close to $300.00 in my $25.00 bargain.
If your market is not saturated like ours here, advertise for $150.00 and see what happens. You can always come down if it doesn't sell.