Family Visits Are Great!

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Tom and Joy Niemi were on their way to Florida on vacation with Larry and Randi Merlau in tow on Saturday and wanted to drop in on us for a family visit. They arrived around 4pm Saturday, so Tom, Larry and I had some shop time before it was time for dinner. We had some good discussions aided by applications of adult beverages, of course! After an early dinner my wife, Bobbie, took the ladies on a shopping trip and a brief tour of Thomasville while we guys spent more time in my shop. We finally took time for photos around the breakfast table this morning.

LT20130302a.jpgLT20130302b.jpg

It was a great visit, of course, but I had to harass them a bit. We had been having some nice Spring weather until they rolled in on Saturday with a cold wind. It got down to 31° Saturday night!

I know many of you have had the privilege to host them before. Any of you others who have an opportunity to have this type of visit should not hesitate to invite them to your home. Great people!

Sounds like a great visit, Bill.

Tom & Larry in Florida on vacation! Hmm, Larry on the beach in a swim suit. Why am I having such a hard time imagining that; must be a self-defense mechanism at play.

I tell you what, family visits ARE the best:thumb: Bill and Bobbie are fantastic hosts:) thank you so much for having us it was greatly appreciated:) Bobbie it a HOOT, loved hearing her give Larry grief:D what a character he is....in the BEST way:thumb: now Bill, taking he tour of his pieces he as created, I have the upmost respect for him for his talent as a woodworker, seeing his work was absolutely inspiring:D I would love to say this "one" was my favorite but that is impossible, they are all fantastic!!! Again thank you o much for letting us visit and please know that you both are welcome to visit us in Michigan anytime:thumb::thumb::thumb:

well folks sometimes there are times when more than one of something is not good, well when you have bobbie that you gave grief to year ago, she doesnt forget it. she never let up and made our visit just and pleasurable as the first one was. bill was a great host as well but bobbie make life very interesting for me:) thanks again for the great hospitality bill and bobbie and be sure to drop up north to see us once you get used to being retired:)

I tell you what, family visits ARE the best:thumb: Bill and Bobbie are fantastic hosts:) thank you so much for having us it was greatly appreciated:) Bobbie it a HOOT, loved hearing her give Larry grief:D what a character he is....in the BEST way:thumb: now Bill, taking he tour of his pieces he as created, I have the upmost respect for him for his talent as a woodworker, seeing his work was absolutely inspiring:D I would love to say this "one" was my favorite but that is impossible, they are all fantastic!!! Again thank you o much for letting us visit and please know that you both are welcome to visit us in Michigan anytime:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Well, it truly was our pleasure to have you take the time to visit with us. And, yes, Bobbie is quite a character herself, so getting her and Larry started is --- well --- entertaining to say the least!

Thank you for comments about my work. It's always reinforcing when another talented woodworker has something positive to say about the things I've created.

well folks sometimes there are times when more than one of something is not good, well when you have bobbie that you gave grief to year ago, she doesnt forget it. she never let up and made our visit just and pleasurable as the first one was. bill was a great host as well but bobbie make life very interesting for me:) thanks again for the great hospitality bill and bobbie and be sure to drop up north to see us once you get used to being retired:)

Well, I'm glad that a couple of other folks have had the 'pleasure' of her wit and wisdom! :rolleyes: And, believe me, it only gets worse -- er, better. :huh: :D

To Tom and Larry both: we definitely plan to get 'up north' now that Bobbie is retired and we can travel when we want. Note to travel planner: this will NOT be scheduled for January!!! :eek:

On a little more serious note about the visit:

Thanks to Tom for the bottle of single-malt scotch he handed me. That helped get the 'conversation' started!

And a real big thank you to Randi for the beautiful table runner she created for Bobbie. Take a look:
LT20130302c.jpg