Happy Birthday John Pollman!

Man, ANOTHER birthday? The folks at the bakery are gonna get tired of seeing me. :D

P8040010-400x300.jpg

Thanks all!

It was a good day. The weather was BEAUTIFUL around here. It was a bit cold, but not a cloud in the sky. I got an early start and went out to get some material for another project. I've built two nice blanket chests over the past couple weeks. But they were all plywood with solid wood trim. They came out very nice, but I've been wanting to do one with rail & stile panel sides. I had enough 3/4 Birch ply left from the last one to do the top, bottom, and back of the new chest. I made the ends and front sections from 1X Poplar and 1/4" Birch plywood. I finished them up a couple hours ago. I'll cut the top, bottom, and back tomorrow out of the 3/4 Birch ply. Then I'll make the legs and do the final assembly. I sure hope that I can find a market for these chests, because I really enjoy building them but there's only so much space for them. :) All in all it was a pretty good day, I got to spend it doing something I really enjoy.

Thanks again everybody!

Yep it was a good one Larry!

As I said, I spent the day down in the shop creating a new design for a "blanket chest". This time I wanted to do a rail and stile panel version. I had the panel sides finished yesterday and I pretty much got the rest of it put together today. I just have to glue on the end cap pieces for the plywood top in the morning. The biscuit slots are already cut and the front piece is in the clamps drying now. While the glue is drying tomorrow, I'll build and mount the legs. Then I can sand and chamber the edges of the lid and mount the hinges. Then it's ready for finish!

I love the way this one is coming out!
|
Thanks again all!