Gun Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brent I also don't see this as political. Now ofcorse that's just me. And as far as compairing the 2nd amendment or any of the amendments to these other topics, is like( to me )Apples to Hogs. The 2nd is for all people of this great country, not just one party or the other. Would we feel this way if they were taking away our 1st amendment rights. I don't think so.I think all people of every party would stick together, and i wish we could do that about this one.

With all due respect, I don't see how anyone can consider it not to be a political issue.

It's a major political issue in just about every election.

Just because you happen to feel one way about it does not remove the politically charged nature of the topic.

Ok, Really going to leave this dead horse to go do some work.

You guys have fun and play nice here, I've said my piece and will not continue to beat this dead horse.

this is going to be fun to watch, to see how something that does not belong to any political party is deemed to be political. :)

The laws that govern the subject (guns and their control) are determined by very decidedly political factions. Something doesn't have to be aligned with a specific party to still be political. Just like something doesn't need to be aligned with a specific church to still be religious.

Along the lines of what Darren said, the 2nd Amendment itself isn't political, but more often than not the interpretation of it is.

Just the fact that we are up to 25 posts on rather it is or is not makes it political in its self.:thumb::rofl::rofl:
Opps make that 26:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is really a Chevy vs Ford debate. Each side is entitled to an opinion. Whether we waste the forum space to discuss it is really the topic. It has nothing to do with woodworking so lets move on.

I've used tru-oil before, but I'm curious, what exactly is it? It seems to build quite quickly, and lends itself to a pretty high gloss finish.

I'm assuming it's a varnish of some sort, but wondering why it's used primarily for gun stocks?

Hadn't thought of using it for pens. Seems like it should work. Don't know how durable it would be (considering it's an oil finish), but it seems to hold up well on a gun stock.

Jon, the one bottle I bought was in the gun cleaning supplies aisle at Sportsman's Warehouse. I'm sure Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops would have it. I think I've seen it in the gun accessories aisle at Walmart, too. BTW, so far I've redone one stock and my nephew has done two, and the bottle is still about half full. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.