Is it SWAP SEASON???

Tom Niemi

Staff member
There has not been a swap in quite a time, so this is to see if there is any interest in a box swap. it is getting closer to spring and winter shops that have been closed are starting to open, what better way than to participate in a box swap. For new members go to the swap forum and you will be able to see what has been done in the past. All I can say is that the are a BLAST and open to all no matter what skill level you may be. I have participated in three so far and would love to be in another. I will follow this thread for the next few weeks and if there is enough interest, if so I will get one going.......rules to follow at that time:) So what do you think??? Is itBOX SWAP TIME:)

hmmmm, I thought you bought a little lathe ;) Nothing says it has to be flatwork :D

Got the lathe, but don't have the tools (and sharpening gear and consumables) to go with.

If the timing is right the next time I manage to get back to LA, I'll make a box, but at this point I can't commit to the swap.

Looks like some interest:) I will hold out a few weeks as I said earlier to give folks a chance to decide.

Steve, Vaughn, when would a god time be??? I can do any date to accommodate you:)

I am in full swing on the kitchen hutch but, I always have period where I am percolating on which figure I like or just plain waiting for glue to dry so anytime sounds good. Just give us long enough to finish them up without having to blast through them. I've already been conjuring on a design for the 2013 box so let's rock.

Tom, the thing is, I really don't have a clue when I might be back in LA for any appreciable time. It all depends on workload and logistics. By all means, don't plan the swap around my schedule. ;)