Craigslist Deal!

Jeff Bower

I've seen quite a few good ones, but this has got to be one of the best ever...I'm mean who couuld pass up a maybe $100 (new) saw that is stored in snow for only $200! :doh:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 90
Yeah, Can't even find that brand for sale anymore. Must be a collectors item!

I do find that looking through craigs list is humorous at times.

If it's not the prices people put on their junk priceless items, it's the comments they include about scammers or not to bother emailing. You are selling something on the INTERNET, so it might be nice to be able to get more info THROUGH THE INTERNET...

Truly a store house of humor.

On my local area Craigslist, I think 3/4's of the tools are bought at Harbor Freight and than they try t sell them on CL for a profit. The other 1/4 are old tools price like new tools. Been a long time since I have seen what I thought was a "deal".

Love the lathe...that's a real collector's piece. :thumb: Only priced about $200 too high. :D

Keep 'em coming...I'll bet we can find all sorts of "what were they thinking?" CL listings. :rofl: And screen shots are better than links, so we can continue to laugh after the original ad is taken down.

This particular lathe has been for sale at this price for over a year at least. You'd think he'd at least try to drop the price once..

Brent there's a guy on the local craigslist that post the same 15-20 ads for crap EVERYDAY that is overpriced or broken for the last 6-8 months. Never changed 1 price. I even emailed him to suggest a price change, he offered me a deal on a couple items. I responded that I didn't want anything he was offering just giving him a bit of advice to maybe sell something...no response and also no sales for him. :doh:

hey, I put my red tool chest on craigslist yesterday, and I think I sold it too cheap. I got 2 dozen responses within a few hours, first guy who responded stopped off today and took it for my price(100 bucks).

Ive sold everything on cl I put up there. Ofcourse, I dont mess around with negoitation, I put my lowest price and say thats it, dont waste my time with asking for lower.

Its like walking on the beach looking for shells. You have to pick up dozens of them before you find one thats a keeper.

the word vintage is way overused these days, and people think anything 30 or 40 years old as far as tools is worth its weight in gold.

But here's a VINTAGE Delta tablesaw...

Delta%20TS%20for%20200.jpg

Looks like it'd be real stable, huh?

Someone was on a roll today...

I took a look at each of these, and the prices are probably not too bad. What got me was that the descriptions were just so close to being correct, but not quite.
attachment.php

stuff.jpg

That's a great list, Brent. :thumb:

There's a guy on the ABQ Craigslist trying to sell a 6 1/2" Ridgid jointer (only used 10 times) for $600 or best offer. (Actually, the headline says $500, but the description says $600 OBO.) It sells new for $549. :rolleyes:

Not only on CL... I've been in "Antique" stores that have piles of old tools... a lot of which the store doesn't even really know what they are....

We were in a store in Magnolia, Texas once and they had one of those drilled well buckets on sale for $50, but were calling it a seed drill.
I know it was a water bucket because I've drawn many a bucket of water from a deep drilled well using one.