FINALLY got around to making a flag display case...

John Pollman

I finally got around to making the flag case for the flag my nephew sent me about a year ago. I had some nice Black Walnut that I figured would work perfectly for the job. I was blown away when I got the flag and certificate that came with it stating that the flag had been on the Blackhawk helicopter during a mission over Iraq on August 01, 2011. The cool thing of it is that's my son's birthday! Sebastian is a door gunner. I contacted Sebastian and asked him if he could get me a picture of his unit. He emailed me some photos and I had one of them printed up. I decided that I wanted to display all three items together. A couple days ago I came up with a design and got busy. I went out yesterday and bought the glass and mat board and just finished putting it together. It's now proudly displayed on the wall of our family room.

Thank you very deeply Sebastian Sofikitis, your entire unit, and ALL of our service men and women for your sacrifices!

flag case.jpgFlag certificate.jpg

everything about it is specail, the sacrifices, the flag and where it was then and now and the men and ladies that have and are serving our country as well as the recipient.