It's FRIDAY!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Beating Darren to the punch here, but I actually get to take this one off - I think. At least nothing is planned except for dinner out tonight with a friend. We are going to a small Italian place with pretty good food, for this town, anyway.

Going to dig through my trailers to try to find the router for Al and a few other things I need to begin the electrical installation in the new shop trailer. Tomorrow and Sunday are work days for me. The last two weeks have been a crunch. Seven surgeries in 11 days for members of my church. That is a lot of extra time in my schedule and I am way behind, but I need a play day and today is it!

What are you all up to?

Lol I am doing the same as you Carol. Winter is giving us its last gasps at freezing us again but it aint gonna stop me today. I have promised Linda for 7 months i would fix a temp cupboard up for her and its gonna happen today even if the world collapses. :)

I spent last weekend battling computers so i aint going near a keyboard this weekend for sure. Soon as i have done catching up on the forum i am off to the shop will fire up whatever i can to make heat gonna get my hands on some tools come what may.

Taking it easy today (Friday), for the most part. Caught up on some yard maintenance yesterday and the old bod is telling me about it!

Saturday, I plan to complete the assembly of a utility table I'm building to use at my grill and smoker.

Sunday? What else? It's NASCAR season, so.....

Need to finish up routing the the range hood vent to the outdoors. I've got all the parts I need.

Then time to finish up the entertainment center doors and molding.

Working in the shop. Supposed to be almost 60 this afternoon. So I want to take a ride. It's about 120 mile round trip to see mom and dad @ my sisters. Mom is heading down hill fast. The other day she didn't know who dad was. So I need to see her as much as possible now.
Tomorrow we have our yearly Maryland Bow Hunter banquet. Sunday church and back to painting the pelicans.

Having my taxes figured tonight, tomorrow make door trim for 4 doorways (in a 3 1/2 foot square entryway) from qswo and stain them, Sunday poly them with some relaxation in there somewhere:)

its a birthday weekend here. My daughters birthday is monday, and Im on weds, so all the friends and family are coming over to eat like theres no tomorrow, the menu grows by the minute.
gonna try to finish the new small assembly/outfeed table for the garage later today and tomorrow late morning, my son is coming over to move all the electrical stuff and install new remote switches and lighting fixtures in the attic bedroom so I can get started when I get back from canada and start ripping carpet and wallpaper.

It's pinewood derby season in our household... I helped build FOUR cars last weekend. They've been painting this week, and on the weekend we'll be putting on finishing touches.

ps: FYI add the weights AFTER you paint. I'm going to be doing some dremel surgery tomorrow. Looks like painting added around 6 grams to a couple of the cars. I would never have thought that!!!

Garden season is in full swing. Trying to put together the indoor plant stands that we last used over twenty years ago. I think i can make one useable one out of the parts. Had to replace the fluorescent sockets on the three fixtures and was pleasantly surprised to find them at Lowe's. Tried to find T-5 fixtures that would work. Lowe's didn't have any, but Home Depot did...except no high color temperature (6500k) bulbs to use as grow lights. I think upgrading to T-5's is a bit premature.

Need to get the Steel City mini lathe that I picked up last spring out from under wraps, cleaned and checked out, and ready to go on to the next owner. I found someone who's interested in turning, and he's going to buy the Steel City as a way to dip his toe in the water. He should be picking up the lathe next week, and I'm planning to also spend some mentoring time with him to get his started on the right foot.

After that, I've got some chores to get done around the apartment. I think it's time to hook up the swamp cooler already. :rolleyes: Also have some computer work that's been backlogged for a while, so I hope to chisel away at some of that, too. Got a few other things up my sleeve that need to stay under wraps for now. ;)

This morning I erected the neon birdhouse that I built for my wife. She couldn't wait until spring & decided "close enough". Frankly, I'd be amazed if any self respecting bird would visit & mentioned that to JoAnn. She doesn't care if the birds are embarrassed or not, she just wants to see the reaction of people as they drive by. So far no accidents! :rofl:

I also finished up a hobby project that i found amusing. It's called the Cube-in-a-Cube & I'm sure you've all seen or made one before. I've also started the "Impossible Nail Through Wood" puzzle, which again I suspect you've all seen. They are fun to make & more fun to watch people's reactions to them.

Finally, I finished my income taxes yesterday & and now I'm in the midst of doing my daughter Kimberly's. It's fun when it's over! ;)

Have a great weekend!

well its back to dresser 101 and this time its the twins,, got the side panels assembled and tomorrow hope to have the frnt and back rails in place which will allow the drawer work to begin.. also need to go help a friend on his syrup making for awhile sat..

Finally a saturday off. Heading up to my lumber supplier first thing in the morning to pick up another 100 bf of cherry. I ran out of wood for the cherry hutch.

The wife has some shopping plans all lined up for me in the afternoon, then off to the chinese restaurant for my weekly zombie and some general gau's.

Working on Sunday :(

Suffering an on the fly design modification possibility on the kitchen hutch. This will be confirmed after a trip to the lumber yard tomorrow. If I come back empty the current design will move ahead.

Garden season is in full swing. Trying to put together the indoor plant stands that we last used over twenty years ago. I think i can make one useable one out of the parts. Had to replace the fluorescent sockets on the three fixtures and was pleasantly surprised to find them at Lowe's. Tried to find T-5 fixtures that would work. Lowe's didn't have any, but Home Depot did...except no high color temperature (6500k) bulbs to use as grow lights. I think upgrading to T-5's is a bit premature.

T5's are the skinny bulbs right? I swapped out all the old big bulb fixtures in my shop for some of the t5 shop lights last year. Instant on cold rated. I love them.

I also way overpaid a couple of years ago for a 4 bulb t5 unit. It works great, but with the green house, I don't really need it. I've got some seedings I started out there just starting to come up.

I love spring and starting up the garden. I come from a long line of farmers, so I think the farmer in me just likes to see something grow from time to time...

T5's are the skinny bulbs right? ...
Yup...the skinny ones. I weakened and picked up four@ 2 bulb T-5 fixtures @$39.98, and eight 4100k color temp lamps @$10 at HD today and when I got them home and opened the first one the instructions said they were for commercial use only and the ballast could interfere with "household appliances". They also spec high output (HO) lamps. I went back to check and HD doesn't sell high output lamps. I wanted to string them up in the attic where my wife stores her yarn collection. Now I'm concerned about the interference and the availability of the HO lamps.

Going to get a new (to me) vehicle. My 1999 Grand Caravan w/280,000+ miles is going into semi-retirement and I'm picking up a 2007 Grand Caravan with only 83000 miles (Heck!!!...that's practically brand new!!!) Then I'll be finishing a clock I made for LOML for our 45th wedding anniversary coming up soon. (pics to follow) and also work on another clock for my Grand-daughter. (more pics)