Ruff Ruff your live away :)

Well as i don't have anything new to post, thought i'd post a few things i've done in the last couple days.The natural edge are maple, along with most of what you see. Now after finding that nice spalted ash in the shop (the winged bowl). I thought i'd go out back and have a look at the log that piece came from. Brought the chainsaw with me and cut off about 5 inches where it had cracked. Then cut off a piece about 30 inches. Cut it in half and then split them in half. So i got 4 bowl size blanks. Got one ruffed out and still have the 3 in the one pic to go. Also a pic of what is still laying on the ground after taking the 3 ft or so off it. O well needed a brake so here i am on this stupid puter again. :) This is only about half of what i have done so far, and need to get back out there and finish off at least them last 3 spalted blanks today.002 (541x800).jpg003 (800x676).jpg005 (302x800).jpg006 (800x440).jpg008 (800x630).jpg009 (800x428).jpg

Nothing new? That looks like a lot of new things to me. That's some pretty good looking figure in those bowls... :thumb:

Man, I wish my rough days were as productive as yours. :D That's some great-looking wood, Steve, and I know you'll do it justice. :thumb:

Man, you just don't mess around do you. Compared to you I am about as fast as a caboose going up hill without an engine. Not knowing what I was/am doing I was, like, mired in molasses. The next one is going to take 1/10th or less time.

Enjoy that beautiful wood,
JimB

Steve, you've been busy. Those look great, but I gotta say that greenish stuff on the ground in the background looks even better...spring has decided to not come back here this year. :doh: