Enter keyboard button not working

Rob Keeble

Hi, does anyone else have an issue with the enter button when trying to type up a post. I cannot get to go to a new line for some uncanny reason. Now i am on a new fandangled tablet laptop but at the same time if I open word i have no issue to type and get a "carriage return" from the enter button. At present the only way i can get one is to type to the end of the line. Tried clearing out cached everything but no help. this is weird.

What browser are you using? Over at another site, certain members updated their browsers and experienced the same problem. I will research it and get back to you.

There was an issue with IE10.... here's the fix if that is what browser you are using:

It's an IE10 issue.

1. Right click on the top bar within IE10 and check, Menu bar
2. then select Tools/Compatibility View Settings
3. Check, Display All Websites in Compatibility Mode

Last edited:
Wait, I've been dying to use this . . . . try the "any" key. OK, so its late in the day and that wasn't even funny. Seriously though, I use various desktops, laptops and tablets at work. The keyboard mapping on tablets gets pretty weird sometimes. I eventually get things setup but, it can be a bit of an adventure, particularly with Android (although I like it in general). I have the same issue on some linux systems but it is application related not OS. If the enter key was working "before" and "now" is not, try to recall what you've invoked or installed between "before" and "now". I can usually trace it back to something I have running or a recent patch.

Well i think it was good old IE 10. Darn MS now I am getting firefox and chrome on this new computer.

Thanks for all the replies and help guys. Ken thank you very much it fixed my issue.