Murphy stopped by

Ya gotta set this one up. Try stacking a few crumbly concrete blocks and some old 2 x 6's and pretend you are gonna run the car up on them to work on it. Ask the wife to spot you while you drive up the ramp.:rofl::rofl::D

Sounds a lot like my week. Had truck in shop for spark plugs as I decided I didn't want that battle with a 3 valve Triton at 163,000. I did sea foam thru vacuum hose and let sit plus run sea foam thru tank to clean as much carbon as I could. This was to happen Monday so Sunday a brake line on the mini van ruptured.( The wife was on her first solo drive since her stroke no less) So Sunday night I ran and bought a bunch of brake line and unions, got someone from church to pick me up after dropping off truck.

Monday started on brake lines and had to drop gas tank to get to them. Then I couldn't get a tight enough bend on one end with out a kink. These lines Were 3/16 but left and right sides have different size fittings. Auto parts store hadn't had these connectors. Truck got done so had to call a lady from church to take me to pick up my truck. Good news there was they got all 8 plugs out with no breakage, still 360.00 for the job. Dealer started at 500.00 plus 75 for each broken plug.

Telling mechanic my brake line woes he said dealer still sells said lines. Go to dealer and order both lines. They come in Wednesday and the cost is crazy cheap.$ 5 for one side and 8 for the other. These lines have 40 inches of line with 14 bends in each line. Got them back on and found one lug nut I didn't like so back to the dealer. All done now and no leaks best I can tell. Was fun getting half full gas tank back in place..

Did notice I need rear shocks You want to help Darren?:huh:

Last edited:
Ya gotta set this one up. Try stacking a few crumbly concrete blocks and some old 2 x 6's and pretend you are gonna run the car up on them to work on it. Ask the wife to spot you while you drive up the ramp.:rofl::rofl::D

I like the way you think and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. :thumb:

Now that is just toooooooooo funny you killing me Vaughn boy give up the day job man get a gig doing stand up. you would bring the house down. Really cool comment.

I like Teds idea very much actually gonna bank that one. Have never used manipulation to get a tool but i think if i wanted a hoist/lift i really would need to. I think the day i asked it would be the only day i get handed a shovel and told to dig a pit and get in it like the do at the oil change place. :)
Linda is quite the McGiver when it comes to alternative make do solutions.

So i would have to be real crafty. Ted you got any more of those ideas? :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Now that is just toooooooooo funny you killing me Vaughn boy give up the day job man get a gig doing stand up. you would bring the house down. Really cool comment.

I like Teds idea very much actually gonna bank that one. Have never used manipulation to get a tool but i think if i wanted a hoist/lift i really would need to. I think the day i asked it would be the only day i get handed a shovel and told to dig a pit and get in itlike the do at the oil change place. :)

So i would have to be real crafty. Ted you got any more of those ideas? :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like you might be taking your life into your hands. You are on good terms with everyone.............right? :rofl:

I think the day i asked it would be the only day i get handed a shovel and told to dig a pit and get in it like the do at the oil change place. :)

LOL, I actually considered that, but the water table is high around here, so would most likely be digging another pool. Once I saw the cost, they aren't priced all that bad, especially considering what I've saved us by doing my own repairs over the years. My wife knows this and had the same thoughts.

This is the one I'm looking at: http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-9KOH

I figure with freight I'll probably be closer to $1900. My neighbor actually has a couple of 4 post lift that he uses to store classic cars stacked on one another, going to check with him to see where he bought his. If they are local I may be able to save some freight costs.

....Ted you got any more of those ideas? :)....
I was accused of "byzantine plotting" on more than one occasion during my long military career. Sometimes getting people/bureaucracies to do what you want requires a bit of misdirection. Doesn't work all the time but when it does... its magic:D:D

Well you guys can rest easy,, murphy is up north.. today he visited me and not in a good way as if there is a good way:) i was doing some routing DTails on a jig and was halfway threw the fronts and laid the router on the bench-table and it decide it wasnt happy staying there and fell to the floor with padding but it still broke the base, and the bit i later found out was bent also that ate into the special bushing that it needs.. so it was just a blissful afternoon:( fortunately i stole a base from another router, and those that think one router is enough, are vastly mislead.. without the other router i would have had to go back to square one on setup and then be another day behind.. but fortunately i wasnt that unlucky. hope tomorrow is better .. so if any one has a spare porter cable regular base they arent using i have a use for one now and the local woodcraft is going to get visited by me to replace the bit and the bushing.. not a profitable day at all..so i told murphy to go back south, east or west, but not here i have seen enough of him today:)

That's no good Larry! :( I'm sure Murphy will be down here this weekend as I try and put my shop back together from running dc pipe.