Another flag case.

John Pollman

A few days ago, a friend of a friend saw a post I made on FB that showed the flag display case that I made to display flag and certificate that I got from my nephew. She said that her husband's father had passed away unexpectedly just before Christmas and that they had the flag that was used to cover the casket. She said that her husband's birthday is on the 29th and wondered if I could make a case for the flag by then. Well I got busy yesterday morning and I just finished it up a few minutes ago. I think that it came out pretty nice.

flag case 2.jpg

Looks good John.

What kind of wood did you use?

The flag case looks just like the ones I make from some plans I got off the internet several years ago.

I've made 6 so far with 2 in the finishing stages waiting for warmer weather to finish. I've used oak, jatoba, cherry and ash. So far the ones I made from jatoba are my favorite, although one of the ones I'm doing now is in cherry, which was harvested from my property.

Another nice one John:thumb: my FIL's flag has a store bought box and I sure would like to make a custom one for it, I better start looking for plans:)

Thanks guys!

I didn't have any plans, but we too have a store bought one that my father in law's burial flag is in. I just used it for size reference, the rest was up to me. It has three tiny hinges on the bottom edge and a magnetic catch for the door to keep it closed. It works pretty well.