What did I do to OSHA?

ed sautter

They are back again. Seems like I get through one visit and report only to be called up to do it again. Seems like we are on their radar or something. This time instead of state people it was Federal. They really dug around for a lot but were happy with the findings. Just can't seem to understand why they are visiting so often. There response was that our dart number puts us on their list to visit. I'm thinking it's something else. I am volunteering to have state OSHA come in often enough you would think that I would be covered by that but I guess not. Maybe Murphy has something to do with this.:huh:

Or they know your going to pass an inspection. They are not looking to close someone down so go inspect the guy you know is going to pass. He in turns complains to all his friends that he keeps getting inspected. Word gets out and the next thing you know the guy down the street is putting new safety guards on his equipment to avoid the big fines.:thumb::thumb:
I know way to much thinking for a government official.:doh::doh::rofl::rofl:
Ed ever heard of Essex steel?

Last edited:
Ed, I assume you are a shop and in business. If so, my bet is a disgruntled employee or customer. It's easy to call in and complain, they have to act on it. Had it happen to me years ago in the school welding shop, lasted three years, when one kid graduated, I haven't seen them since (knock on wood). I always asked if it was "so and so" and the guy would not say a word. It is an easy and anonymous way to hassle a person or business.

Ed, I assume you are a shop and in business. If so, my bet is a disgruntled employee or customer. It's easy to call in and complain, they have to act on it. Had it happen to me years ago in the school welding shop, lasted three years, when one kid graduated, I haven't seen them since (knock on wood). I always asked if it was "so and so" and the guy would not say a word. It is an easy and anonymous way to hassle a person or business.

That was my thought too. Its also a way for a bad employee to hang on to his job for 6 more mo. Only way to get rid of them then is to eliminate that job.

Essex Steel is just across town from me Chuck. Why do you ask? Had friends work there some years ago.
Because that's where steel building come from. Toni and Jeff are top notch guys and I have put up tons of there buildings when it was the way to go.