Jim's Back up Blanks:)

larry merlau

i have more Walnut Crotches to cut, but this one was in my way, so its available now.
one half is 3" thick and the other is 4" without bark. they have good figure and a nice sap contrast..
lathe wood 3 inch back.jpglathe wood 3 inch frnt.jpg 3"- $15 plus shipping or make offer-PM -SOLD
lathe wood 4 inch back.jpglathe wood 4 inch frnt.jpg 4"- $20 plus shipping or make offer-PM -SOLD
these can make nice winged bowls if we leave them large enough or we can cut them down to large flat rate box

also i have 3 pieces of dry Osage Orange that will make a 4" thick bowl or if you want i can cut into pepper blanks.
these are 12" long
lathe wood Osage top.jpg lathe wood Osage side.jpg 4" -5" $15 plus shipping or make offer-PM

if any of you are interested in a walnut crotch other than these or a larger piece for a natural edge bowl or just a bowl i can get you some blanks at this time.. just contact me with your desires..:)

Last edited:
bump for the Osage blanks, they are 5" thick at the pith, and john daugherty can attest to here quality..he said they are around 20% MC it will al fit in the large flat rate box after some creative cutting..i got a 2" blank and 3x3 blank plus the 5" bowl blank out of his..