More turning

Wasn't sure where to post this so here goes. First off I got a call last week from Buffalo Bill Cultural Center. They would like to buy and present for sale some of my turnings at the Center. They promote handmade products from Kansas and anything with a western theme. I sent them several pictures and they want to see my birdhouses, peppermills, pens, bottle stoppers, pill holder and toothpick holder key chains. She said she would also be interested in my platters with meadowlarks, buffalo's, etc. pyro'd on them. She said they would buy them if I can give them 25% to 30% discount of my price. I thought that is great because that is the commission for the art gallery and floral/craft store I display and sell at now. The nice thing is they buy them from me out right so I don't have to worry about keeping track of things. She said they would order as needed. She said they have upwards of 200,000 or more visitors a year. So I am excited to see how and hope this will work out.

Then after getting the Invitation to put some of my turnings in Buffalo Bill Cultural Center I got a call this Wednesday and then another call yesterday. It was from the floral/craft store where I have some of my turnings displayed for sale and then a couple that saw my turnings at the art gallery. The first call from the floral/craft store said a gentleman came in and wants 22 of my mini birdhouses. He wants 8 with cardinals and the rest whatever I want to make. I generally have $16 to $20 on them. He wanted to know if he bought that may if I could do a little better. I told him $14 each and I couldn't go any lower. He said great he would take them. So I have about a month to get them done. The other was a call from the gallery. Kay the director told me a couple came in and they want 20 peppermills. Good thing is they want cherry, walnut, cedar and maple which is common wood that I have in stock. She said she gave them a price of $42 which is what I have been selling them for. She said they were fine with that and thankfully I have a month to do these. So it looks like the next month is going to a busy month.

Way to go Bernie! Your reputation "proceeds" you.

Do you have any pictures of these hot items already available? If not, don't bother as it appears you won't have the time.

Thanks everyone. Well was a good day. 7 mini birdhouses done and have a couple of coats of finish on. Also go two more peppermills done and finish on them. Going to be another long day tomorrow. Hoping to get 7 or more birdhouses done and maybe a couple of mills. Kinda got a system down and is working pretty well. Guess since it is going to blizzard tomorrow and can't do anything outside or go anywhere:rofl: guess I will retire to the shop and get after it.

Thanks again to all. Yesterday was a pretty good day again. 13" of wet, heavy snow which we needed bad before the wind kicked in but was toasty in the shop. Good day to be there.