Walnut Gloat

Jeff Bower

My BIL's had a family member that lost a 100+yr old walnut on monday morning. I got a call monday night that I could come and get as much as I wanted. This tree was huge. The trunk has 30+ feet of straight lumber at 36" in diameter that will be milled up and used by another family friend to make some stuff for the family. My dad and I loaded up on some 15-18" logs and some smaller crotch pieces. His pile is about half as big as mine, but we filled his tacoma truck to capacity. I might go get some more if the wife is gone long enough for me to sneak it back behind the garage...:D

Attachments

• IMAG2053.jpg
    IMAG2053.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 84
Oh boy for a moment i saw the price of walnut blanks plummet as you saturate the market :) Poor Larry. :)

Nice haul but what i am particularly please you have shown is the clean end of a cut off walnut log. I have not seen that before and i learnt quite a bit from it. Did not realise the sap wood was so thin and that the chocolate started so close to the edge. Looks like real nice stuff. You got your hands full sealing that lot to prevent cracking. You got a battle plan to rough it all while green or what?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Rob, I got it all sealed right away. I hope to start roughing it tomorrow.

Chuck I'm leaving in 5 to go get some more. Don't want to wake up the owner with my chainsaw:rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2