Google Chrome opens & then Closes

Al Launier

Anyone experience this & know why it happens & if anything can be done to prevent it from happening?
I start up Chrome it loads up, then when I click on something it closes, requiring a restart. Then it works OK the second time.

Any suggestions?

I'd suspect this goes back to some of our other discussions about hijacking.

Hijacking can pretty much happen to any browser and can be difficult to cure....

Switching Browsers can help in the short term, but long term I think it'd be best to get whatever is making it happen cleaned up.

Well, if it needs cleaning, I guess I would have to bring it to a local Geek as I've used all t he tools at my disposal. I'll give them a call tomorrow. With IE acting fruity & Chrome going whacky, I just downloaded Firefox at John's suggestion just to see how it works.
Thanks!

They were! Contacted BB GEEK Squad; forgot I still had a valid tech support contract; they put me on the national support phone line; they remotely took over my PC; they fixed the problem. Total time watching everything going on was ~ 1/2 hour. Now how good is that!

So what was the verdict? Got everything working on all browsers now?

That's great!

Yes, so far so good. After hearing that I had used the full Norton scan, the Microsoft Malicious software & the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software, all without curing the problem, he basically "refreshed" the PC & suggested I do this monthly. I made notes & have copied it here it anyone is interested. He also took care of my Logitec Cordless Click Optical mouse that was "double clicking" when I simply clicked it once. It was very sensitive to touch. Updating the mouse software apparently helped that as well. After resolving these problems, I uninstalled the FireFox browser as it hadn't overwhelmed me & i already had two working.

Resetting the Computer for the Internet Browsers

Reset Monthly

Google Chrome:
1. Tools
2. Clear Browsing Data
3. Click these four (4) Items:
4. Clear Download History
5. Empty the Cache
6. Delete Cookies and other Site and Plug-in data
7. Clear data from hosted apps
8. Then click Clear Browsing Data

Internet Explorer:
1. Tools
2. Internet Options
3. Advanced
4. Reset
5. Reset
6. Apply default Settings

Setting the Mouse Options
1. Control Panel
2. Device Manager
3. Select Mouse
4. Update Driver
5. Search Automatically for updated driver software
6. Close when updates completed.

Firefox has a setting that will clear browsing history, delete cookies, empty the cache all on closing down... I have FF and IE on my computer, but do almost everything through Firefox....I have a window that opens everytime FF comes up that says "download Chrome" but I close it... I wasn't impressed with Chrome...