A couple sets of wine glasses.

Chuck Ellis

I like to take perfectly good wine glasses, break the stems off and put new wood stems back on...

This set was a set of 6 that I took to a gallery, but she though a couple of them were a little crooked, don't think so, but they are hand made... she only wanted two of the six, so I have the other 4 back in my inventory and pretty sure they will move quickly when my market starts back up the beginning of May....
40-1515_0.jpg
The stems are Brazilian Bloodwood and finished with polyurethane.

40-1614_0.jpg
This set has Ambrosia Maple stems...

40-1599_0.jpg
This one is on Pau Santos stems.

40-1593_1.jpg
This one is Goncalo Alves.

40-1598_2.jpg
And finally for the Tennessee fans to celebrate when the Vols finally win a game
Orange and White Spectraply.

Those rock Chuck!! JMHO...the stems are a tad heavy for my taste, but that's just me. What do you have when Cal takes it??

Chuck, I really like those! I bought some glasses a few years ago to do just that but they are still put away. This may help me get inspired to get them out and try it. What is your trick for breaking off the stems.

Chuck, I really like those! I bought some glasses a few years ago to do just that but they are still put away. This may help me get inspired to get them out and try it. What is your trick for breaking off the stems.

I use a dremel with a cut-off wheel... pick the spot you want the break, touch the edge of the cut off wheel to the glass and hold it for a second or two... when the glass starts to glow, it will break and the stem will drop away.

very impressive! I have only seen others use the kits from craft USA but you have such a great selection. of shapes. nice job!

Those rock Chuck!! JMHO...the stems are a tad heavy for my taste, but that's just me. What do you have when Cal takes it??

Don't pay much attention to Cal... the orange and white glasses were made for football season and I don't think Cal is in the SEC... but again I don't pay a lot of attention to college football either.... on games days in K'ville though it looks like an Irish protestant convention.... everyone is wearing orange.

The stems get a little heavy because I have 1/2-3/4" of the original stem sunk into the wood stem for stability... if I get too thin on the stems they look out of balance since I have to have the wood at the top large enough to accommodate the glass stem.

very impressive! I have only seen others use the kits from craft USA but you have such a great selection. of shapes. nice job!

The kits for craft supply are around $4 per glass and they are nothing more than a regular wine glass with the stem cut off... for $4 I can usually get 4 glasses and cutting the stems is easy.... I frequent the local thrift shops, Goodwill, Habitat and junk stores... you have to watch because sometimes the glasses can be stained or scratched and usually a set is missing one piece, so you have an odd number... I've learned to always make two at least... prefer to do sets of 4 or 6.... I'll break sets if the buyer is interested, but I only sell in pairs... singles are hard to sell.