Eye operation coming up

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Next week I will have cataract surgery on my right eye. Everyone says 'no sweat' and 'you'll be amazed at the results.' I cannot tell you how much I pray they are right.

If you feel inclined to remember me to God next week (called prayer), I'd be grateful. If, on the other hand, that is not your thing and you'd rather wish me good luck, that is acceptable, too.

My wife had both eyes done several years ago. Cataract removal, and lens implants. Went from a cloudy 20/400 to bright and clear 20/20.

Surgeries took about twenty minutes each, and recovery was very fast. She tested 20/20 three days after each surgery.

Lots and lots of prescription eye drops for about a month after each surgery, but that was all.

Here's hoping your surgery goes as well!

Prayers for you and for the doctor to be guided and do the correct thing at the correct time. heal fast and keep the sawdust out of your eye!

Carol%20Eyechart.png

you got um coming carol.. one bad thing though if you get this fixed you will be seeing clearer and some of us might be a scary site you wont want to see clear:)..

mack you dont use glasses at all do you?

I totally understand the concern Carol, but like all have said, it seems to be as routine a surgery as there are these days. Take comfort in your surgeon's talents that God has given him. It will be fine. Prayers for you for calmness, and for your surgeon for skill and clarity. Jim.

My wife had both eyes taken care of last September. She also wore glasses as you do, so she opted to have the "multi-focal" lens implants rather that the standard distance implants. The insurance didn't cover the option for the multi-focal lens ($4,500 extra) which would allow her to see both near & far with 20/20 vision, and she would not to have to wear glasses anymore. What a blessing! We are both very glad she opted for the option. At our ages, the quality of life becomes more meaningful!

Don't know if this is of any interest to you, but if so, you might want to discuss with your ophthalmologist.

Best of luck Carol, but you won't need it. Look forward to it instead, as these are pretty much fail-safe operations. You'll actually be able to see the work you do and have done. On second thought. :rofl:

Last edited:
My wife had both eyes done several years ago. Cataract removal, and lens implants. Went from a cloudy 20/400 to bright and clear 20/20.

Surgeries took about twenty minutes each, and recovery was very fast. She tested 20/20 three days after each surgery.

Lots and lots of prescription eye drops for about a month after each surgery, but that was all.

Here's hoping your surgery goes as well!

Same here with my wife... she had both eyes done - two separate operations - but they went smooth as glass and she was even able to put her glasses away... only needs reading glasses now for close work, but otherwise near perfect vision. Her one snag was in one eye she had what the doctors called a "wrinkled retina" and need to have that corrected... they did a retina peel on one eye and the vision there is slightly less than the other eye. She was amazed at the clarity of vision she had after the cataracts were removed.

You have my very best well wishes... be sure to follow all the doctors instructions... you'll do fine.

I had both eyes done last September - the right one week and the left the next week. If there's any question about your left eye, don't hesitate to get it done also. My right eye is the first that showed signs of needing surgery, but the left was far enough along to justify it also. There was an amazing improvement in clarity.

Good vibes headed your way!!!