Weekend Project

This is where my woodworking starts. It was nice outside this weekend so I thought I would harvest some wood. The tree is a Bur Oak. I got six logs out of it. There are three 11', one 12', one 10' and one 9'. The reason for the odd lengths is I might sell some to the stave mill to help pay the sawing bill.

P1010027_zpse88dde72.jpg

P1010025_zpse257c421.jpg

P1010035_zpseb1f14e0.jpg

P1010033-1_zpsc7cb2cfe.jpg

That's a chunk of wood, lot of weight there. What is the red object in the 2nd & 4th picture next to your helper?

That would be my chainsaw next to the helper. One chainsaw is on the tractor and the other is on the log. Best helper I ever had, really good on ducks. But he has a torn ACL.

Larry, the Ford is a 1960 model old and slow like it's owner.

I found out bur oak is marketed like white oak which means I can sell it for barrel staves. At least $1.25 a foot. I will use that money to have my cherry and walnut sawed. Last time I was charged 23 cents a foot, but I didn't have to move the logs. They were sawed on site with a woodmizer.

Actually I was referring to the object that "appears" to be near the dog. Could this red object be attached to the tractor instead?