New to this forum

Tom Bussey

I am new to this forum so I thought I would just introduce my self. My name is Tom, on another forum my name is tablesawtom. I am retired, but have been woodworking for about 40 years. I am not a Neanderthal, but I do believe woodwoking requires a mix of handtool experience as well as the ability to use power tools. I believe that the work bench is the most inportant tool in the shop. It is also my favorate thing to build, but I only need one at time, so it presents a problem. My other hobbie is old woodworking tools. I like them all but I really like restoring hand planes. I hope what I have to say will be somewhat of an interest to you here on this forum.

Thanks ,

Tom

Tom has a great reputation over at woodnet for being able to fix problems with old planes. He has been able to machine flat and square the sides of planes for members there. He is a retired tool & die maker. Welcome Tom!

My daughter used to build web pages for a living. Hench I have a web page that I can afford. It doesn't get much cheaper than free. Anyway the address is tablesawtom.com You will probably have to click on Tom's tool shop and then select planes from the list and then you will know about as much as I do about it.

Tom

Welcome to the Family Tom!:wave:

Welcome Tom.

Not familiar with Nashua, IA., but I do know where Nashua, NH is on a map.

How far are you from Wisconsin Dells?

Don't feel bad Karl...I live in IA and I wasn't familiar with Nashua, IA either:doh:...see where it is now. Another Iowan!! WooHoo!

Yep, Tom is far too modest about his planes. I have one he redid, and another he ground for me...truly outstanding work. He didn't mention his totes/knobs...also incredible. I'm also new around here, but have already seen a few familiar folks.

Last edited: