I am new to this forum

Tom Bussey

I am new to this forum so I thought I would just indtroduce my self. My name is Tom, on another forum my name is tablesawtom. I am retired andI have been woodworking for about 40 years. I am not a Neanderthal but I do believe woodwoking requires a person to use a lot of hand tool skills, as well as having the ability to use power tools. the thing I like to build is workbenchs but I only have room for one si I change about every ten years. My other hobbie is old woodworking tools. I like them all but I really like to restore hand planes. I hope what I have to say will be somewhat of an interest to you here on this forum.

Thanks ,

Tom

Welcome, I'm primarily a hand tooler myself. I only post here occasionally but I try to keep an eye on the hand tool section for interesting threads or questions I can help with.

I fully agree that even electron burners should have at least a basic proficiency with hand tools just as they should understand basic joinery. Pocket screws and KD bolts are like duct tape - not a real solution and not real joinery.

Again, welcome.