Testing signature...

OK, it appears to be working. I guess it only works on threads that I participate in AFTER I created it. I figured it would be "retroactive" and appear on all posts, but I guess not.

Carry on. :)

Nope, still not seeing the sig on earlier posts, even after emptying my browser cache. There's an option in the vBulletin Admin Control Panel to empty the signature cache, but I'll hold off on running that until I can get a second opinion from Darren and/or Brent.

Thanks for checking Vaughn!

It's not that big of a deal I guess. But I'm a member on another board that uses the same software as this one, and when you make change to your signature, it shows up in all of your posts. I figured that's what would happen. Maybe it will straighten itself out.

john and vaughn just went and tested this on my own and it went and changed them all??? so its on johns end that is messing up..

Ditto. I changed my own and it's changed everywhere I look. And I looked everywhere. Okay, not really. But I did check on 3 posts made before I changed my sig.

Oooh, fascinating. I just looked at an old thread from back in 2008, and in that one, my posts did NOT have the new signature. But the posts from just a few days ago do!? Very curious.

It looks like there is a "feature" with vbulletin that if you created a post, but didn't have a signature at the time of creation, those posts will never be updated with a signature. If you had a signature, then those posts will be updated with the new signature when you change your signature.

EDIT: John and Tony, I ran a recommended SQL against your posts and they should be updated now. I won't run it on everyone, there is that option when you post whether to show your signature or not so if you had any posts that you didn't want it ran on it would add them (such as tutorials and such as an example).

Last edited: