Burning Wood - 2013 - Who's going?

Are you planning on attending the 2013 Burning Wood event!

• 50/50. I'd like to, but I have trouble planning that far out.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know Chuck is making a good point. Part of me is thinking it could be more economical flying to hubs and then using a shuttle flight to Reno or even driving.

But if one is looking at airfares the story goes look on Tuesday am. Monday is when flight price adjustments are loaded into airlines. And by Tuesday they all tend to be readjusting to the competition. Its a gamble either way between availability and price and of course reliability in getting where u going before the gig is over. :) btdt before hey American Airlines, Delta and a few others lol.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Ok Everybody, Time is getting down to the wire here!

I've got tools, and a Jet Midi (mini) Lathe.

I believe Carol is planning on doing a demo on how to make dove tails.

Jim might be kind enough to give us some finer tips on Pen making.

I'll be doing BBQ demo's and conducting a seminar on procrastination and the benefits of putting off until tomorrow what you really should have done yesterday.

I'll be providing vittles and Beverages. If anyone wants to bring deserts/sweets/snacks, that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still working on the menu, but it will primarily Grilled, Smoked, and freshly made. Nothing too fancy, but down to earth.

Any special requests, let me know.

Tentative Schedule - This is subject to change depending on attendees, interests, etc...

Friday Night - Early Arrivals Dinner.
Saturday - 10:00am Lets call it the official start time?
Router Demos
12:00pm Lunch
Pen making Tips and Tricks
?? I'm sure we'll be fine and be able to come up with more.
6:00pm Dinner
Shenanigans
Sunday - 7:00am Breakfast
On your own! Or hang out, or whatever.

sounds like a blast, sorry Im going to miss this one.
It was close, but the travel to get there is brutal for me.

Ill have my son here sunday to help me set up oovoo is you plan on logging on during Saturday evening. It was pretty cool at larrys, I know you remember as you were logged in, and we even had stu sign in from japan.
Let me know, so I can make sure Im set up.

what was the final list of people attending?

Last edited:
Let's do an Oovoo trial run on Sunday. Be good to test that out again.

The final list is still in flux a bit at this time, but I know we'll have enough people to make it a good time!

sunday is good, you just have to give me a time, remember the time zones.........I have a full house sunday but I can do it anytime of the day or night you want too.late afternoon my time works good for me, as my son will be here in case I have any trouble figuring out camera or anything else.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all family members that want to log on live, sign up with oovoo, its free and we can have up to 12 at one time, so this week is the time to get on and try it out.