Ahhh Spring is *splort* here...

Ned Bulken

We've had a ton of rain the past few days... and just getting to my shop is more than a little Messy:

that's the view of 'lake Donner' (wife's ex hubby... I blame the pond on him)

I kind of like the reflection in that one...

there is a depression right in front of the steps to the shop, and I dragged a pallet plus some plywood over to make a bridge through the deep part of the pond...

Yikes, that would make for some soggy shop boots. :eek:
From what I remember of other pics around the outside of your house, you're yard is pretty flat all the way around, so a french drain to a lower area where it may drain off naturally may not be feasible. However, I've seen sump pits installed off to the side of the yard, with french drains leading to the pit, then pumped out to the street or other low lying area. May be a worthy investment when the budget permits if it gets like that often.

yeah, tough to dig a drainage ditch when 3 out of 4 adjacent yards are also under water... where to send the water?

Oh, another sign... we just heard the first tinklings of ice cream truck music "the Entertainer" in this case... Lori immediately says "No!" and I nearly did a coffee flavored spit take.

541617_242519232555980_1205426663_n.jpg

patrick dashed out and shot a photo of it!

Last edited:
the floodwaters are receding, but the ground is still pretty darn squishy out there... happens every spring when the snow pack goes away. this year there wasn't much snow pack, but several days of heavy rain in a week made up for that.