One of the finer pleasures in life ....thanks Italy

Sure wakes up the senses huh!

The institute has a new espresso machine on order. Our old one is the same ones that McDonalds use, but according to the guy that services it, it is the busiest one in KC. Several years ago they took out all the individual espresso machines and went to the one large one. They've found it isn't keeping up so have spent $20k for the new one, which is supposed to double the output. Our beans are a special blend that a local Rosterie makes for us. Drinks for members and guests are free from it. As good as it is, some days I just want coffee, black.

... As good as it is, some days I just want coffee, black.

On a business trip several years ago, I wanted a cup of coffee at the airport while waiting for my flight. There was a Starbucks across from where I was sitting, so ventured over. When I asked if they had some plain, black coffee, the attendant gave me a blank stare and suggested I check at the bar. Sure enough, the bartender kept a fresh pot of good coffee ready all the time. :huh:

Another fine pleasure in life...Thanks Atlanta. :D

coke_can.jpg

That's my caffeine delivery vehicle of choice. :thumb:

Is there any other way to get caffeine ?Tryed drinking that other stuff one time, and said NO way.:)

:highfive: I know, right? Coca Cola is indeed the real thing. I'll have water before I'll have Pepsi. And about the only way I can drink coffee is if I put enough cream, sugar, and chocolate in it that it doesn't taste like coffee anymore. :D

Ted you brought back the past for me. During one of several trips i made to Italy during a time when i was project managing the making of a large high pressure zinc die casting tool, we used to go down to mamas trattoria in the local village. This was up north outside Milan.
Well coffee at the end of a humongous meal was normal for these guys. But grappa came with it. Except placed in a stand alone tall liquor glass.
Well i have drunk just about every form of alcohol in the world inc grappa but i find grappa totally non digestible. But i am not one to say no to my hosts hospitality. So in order to survive, i would use the good old military tactic of distraction. While everyone at our table was distracted i would lift my grappa glass and pour it into my water glass. :) lol no one would care if you left water but you could not leave grappa without incurring the wrath of mama. Man i got about 20kg of weight i carry from those trips, mama found out i was from Africa and her image of Africa was starving people. So each meal i got double servings especially the polenta. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Simply Hot and black for me...gave up soda years ago, don't have the paitence to wait for espresso, latte etc at a coffee shop. Have plain coffee that's not bad at all at work for free, but a local place that's a block away from the house still has a great strong black cofffee that they roast themselves is where I go on the weekends. $1.79 tax included for a LARGE!

:highfive: I know, right? Coca Cola is indeed the real thing. I'll have water before I'll have Pepsi. And about the only way I can drink coffee is if I put enough cream, sugar, and chocolate in it that it doesn't taste like coffee anymore. :D

When my son had his restaurant, he made his pop deal with Pepsi. I started drinking Diet Pepsi (I'm diabetic), and I've never looked back!

When my son had his restaurant, he made his pop deal with Pepsi. I started drinking Diet Pepsi (I'm diabetic), and I've never looked back!

My wife is diabetic, so we drink almost exclusively diet drinks, but I'm with Vaughn on this one... I'll do without rather than do the DP or the DEW either for that matter... more often than not I'll choose water anyway. We actually prefer the clear non-caffeine drinks, 7-up or Sprite, etc...

I do like my coffee though, strong and black is okay, but of late I like a little cream in it... no sugar though.... I've cut back to one or two cups with breakfast, but in times past, I had a cup of coffee sitting on my desk from the time I arrived at work 'til the day was over... my last boss complained that when he hired me his coffee expense doubled for the office... and we had about 12 in the office.