Backfire, Honey

Paul Douglass

Last week my wife was making plans for our summer short trips. Coarse I start whining and crying about the cost and having to have enough money to pay for my nursing home care etc, etc, etc... I don't know why I always to that, just me, I always really enjoy the little trips once she gets me headed down the road. Part of it is my not wanting to leave my little work shop/ man cave... Anyway, she starts the old lecture, ,, "that's what we saved for,,, you can't take it with you,,,, we are not getting any younger (she got that right),,, blah, blah, blah...

I listen and then a light bulb goes off in my fuzzy little head, Honey, my sweet love you are correct... I run down to my little computer in my little man cave and get in the internet and order a new bandsaw, a new drill press and a new dewalt cordless drill!! :wave::headbang::yes: Yes honey, can't take it with me!!

the drill is not here but I have a picture to prove the other items,,,, can't take it with me, not getting younger, I'll show her......

Attachments

• IMG_1293.JPG
    IMG_1293.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 56
It's ALWAYS easier to get forgiveness than permission....

(Shoot, did I say that? Did I forget my wife likes to watch this board?)

:rofl: :thumb:

I'm about the same way, cheap and stuck in my mud puddle.

How do you like the drill press now that you have it?

Well, I've only had it up and running one day and all I can compare it to is my 30 some year old Taiwan made Mark 1, so I am very happy with it. It feels like a beast compared to my old one. I have a feeling I will be very happy with it.

Good one Paul. Good husbands listen to wifey when she opens the vault that way. :)

Enjoy the silent treatment on your trips when she finds out.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Way to go Paul! Keep it rolling, don't stop until you hit the wall! You'll have a new shop before you know it. Heck, you might as well get a shop trailer & haul your man cave with you!!! That way, on your trips, she shops & you "shop".:rofl:

Way to go Paul! Keep it rolling, don't stop until you hit the wall! You'll have a new shop before you know it. Heck, you might as well get a shop trailer & haul your man cave with you!!! That way, on your trips, she shops & you "shop".:rofl:

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Congrats on the new tools and good thing it's warming up, won't be so cold in the dog house.