Surprise Visit..Canadain style

larry merlau

well if i had not chkd email Thursday am i wouldnt have known i had company coming sat.. so it was a mad dash to get them in and the make plans to be at jimmys for supper later than normal.. which the Canadians showed up at 5.45 and supper was to be at 6pm. so we were still 30 mins away. well we let the get set down and asked them what there preference was.. they opted to go get some vittles at jimmy's and sample some of his micro brews.. we got there and the meat was late in getting done so we were in time for visit time and sample hour.. then the fine food came out and we all had a great time at jimmys watching the bon fire and eating and sampling jimmy's fine work..then we came back here to let them get some rest and fed them some breakfast and showed them the shop in the dirty state.. and helped teach a Canadian how to hold equipment on a trailer.. but we didnt get wet this time, and i kep track of all the tools he used to put them back where they belong:) so here is proof that we had Peter and Debbie Rideout for the wknd.. another great visit from some woodworking friends that threw the internet we have been blessed to be able to get to know them.. thanks for coming peter, and welcome anytime..
peter rideout 001.jpg Jimmies is Tom Niemi's son and he made the BBQ and micro brews,

Last edited:
dave, sprayed a little a couple weeks ago. it went well with more air volumn and the results were good. got a face frame to spray this weeken ..then back to outside work for a bit..

Well we are home at last, three days travel from Delton, Michigan. Over 5800 km round trip and a few strategic stops along the way, including a sewing supply place in Bangor ME this morning to check out some quilting stuff (thanks for planting that seed Randi :) )

Thank you Larry and Randi for another great dose of your fine hospitality. I hope we get a chance to return the favour real soon.

We thought, since we were "in the neighbourhood" (Dayton OH) we should stop in for an inspection of Larry's shop in it's normal state. My report to the forum is: Larry's shop in full work mode is cleaner and better organised than mine has ever been!

The evening at Jim and Dee's was wonderful. Great to see our friends Tom and Joy again too and meet some new ones. Thank you for letting us crash the party:thumb: The food was outstanding and Jim's produce was top notch as ever.

By the way Allen, the sheep are doing great, soon to be a new batch of lambs arriving. We don't do goats, a long story I'll tell you over a beverage sometime :D

And, the load stayed on and the important parts stayed dry Larry, thanks for that extra effort of yours!

Gotta shut 'er down now. In the car again at 7 for a two hour drive to meetings.:(

Last edited: