Mini Gobblet

Jim Krager

Mini Gobblet.jpg

This is my latest turning it is a mini goblet made out of red acrylic plastic, it is less then an inch tall and about as round as the dime in the picture.

Last edited:
Very cool, Jim. :thumb: I'm guessing you made that out of pen blank leftovers. ;) We've got one or two other members here who've shown some cool minis in the past. Apparently there's a decent market for them on eBay, too. There's a lady in the turning club I belong to in LA who specializes in turning miniatures. I've seen hollow forms she's made that would probably fit in the bowl of your goblet. (I kid her about the teeny-tiny hollowing rig I imagine she's using.) :)

Thanks everyone. Yes it is a good way to use up pen scraps and fun too. I can't imagine the size of the tools you would need to turn a hollow form small enough to fit in the bowl of my goblet, that would be fun to try.

...Can't be that easy to turn something so small.

Man, you've got that right. It takes steadier hands and better eyes than I have to do something as nice as Jim's goblet. :yes: :thumb:

Jim, I know this lady (Carrie) uses very small regular turning tools (gouges and scrapers), but she also alters things like dental picks and other small pointed objects to use as tools.