Why do we wait so long

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
To make the things that make woodworking so much easier?

2013-05-05 17.46.44.jpg

Yeah it's not much, but decided I needed a sled to cut down my drawer fronts for the vanity project. This thing could have made my life so much easier on other projects. :huh:

Yep, if I had a dollar for each time I'd said that, and done that..... well, I could buy some more tools! :D

I like to double or triple up the thickness of the rear boar right where the saw cuts through, just a bit more insurance to keep my fingers from setting off the brake cartridge in my SawStop :rolleyes:

Sometimes when I'm cutting a bunch of small pieces by using a stop block on these sleds, I worry that my hand could wander and forget about that blade coming out of the back of the sled, that's all :)

Yep, if I had a dollar for each time I'd said that, and done that..... well, I could buy some more tools! :D

I like to double or triple up the thickness of the rear boar right where the saw cuts through, just a bit more insurance to keep my fingers from setting off the brake cartridge in my SawStop :rolleyes:

Sometimes when I'm cutting a bunch of small pieces by using a stop block on these sleds, I worry that my hand could wander and forget about that blade coming out of the back of the sled, that's all :)

Glenn and I both have cut into that block of wood on the back of our cross cut sleds. I do not consider either of us careless.

Gluing on a piece of 2 x 4 or 4 x 4 just might save you some major discomfort in the future. You made the sled; it is working great, put the seat belt on it and we can all breathe easier.

Bossy aren't I?

Enjoy and keep your fingers,
JimB

another thing to do is put a stop piece on the back rail darren to stop in the extension table slot you have.. mine has a stopped grove and the stop only allows me to go so far.. and i also have the double thickness on the frnt edge like stu mentioned and jim and glenn both have.. i think a TSAW sled is much more valuable than some of the corded tools i own..

For what it's worth, heres my sled.

The backend of it has enough of a tall plywood structure to keep the blade from peeking out when in use.

sled.jpg