Jig Saw Question

I have a Bosch 1587 AVS Jig Saw. I really like the saw. However (you just new that was coming), changing blades is a pain. The instructions say, "pull blade change lever upward as far as it will go and turn three turns counter-clockwise..."

The problem is that it will pull up indefinitely---It is like it is not attached to anything; it comes clear away from the saw. I diddle around and eventually something connects and I can make the "three turns." It has been this way since new. I should have returned it.

The question is: Does or has anyone else had that problem? If you had the problem what did you do?

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy,
JimB

Been there done that Jim, lol, that was before I broke the lift piece...dang durable these are for sure, mines hit the floor many a time :eek:

Not sure if you can tell by the lousy picture, but I added a turn or two of electrical tape where the black 'lift' piece inserts into the 'white/nylon' piece, a slight struggle pushing it back on, but still holds to this day :thumb:

mini-Pix 001.jpg

I feel your pain Jim, I have two of these saws purchased a couple years apart and both do it. If they werent such great saws otherwise... Well... Anyway, what I usually do is pop the top up just enough to clear the handle then twist away. Thats usually enough and it doesnt pop off in my hand. Guess its just something i learned to deal with from the start.