razor kit-hey I found a whole bunch of kits I purchased 3 years ago

allen levine

didn't even remember I had all these kits, some keychains, razors,(cleaned out all the turning supplies and kits recently in the garage, consolidated everything so I know what I have) only problem is I didn't know back then you needed to purchase bushings with them.
since this tube was a 7mm tube, I turned a set of 10.5 mm pen bushings backwards and judged the thickness. turned out ok I think.
Next trip to woodcraft or order Ill have to get a brush kit with a matching acrylic blank.
(I should have painted the tube, another error in the learning process, was just trying to kill some time until I begin my next project Monday)

Attachments

• 100_1423.jpg
    100_1423.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 63
Nice work mister!! Blank painting really pays off, I'll take the 5th if anyone asks how many times I said "oops...lookie what I forgot!" That blank is one of my favorites.

best part of making this kit, I moved the lathe back into the garage, using the 2x4s and plywood from the finishing room table(no more finishing room)
I added some castors, and now I can roll the lathe outside and work under the canopy. anytime. Its warm enough now I can work at night with the lathe as noise is not an issue, and I don't have to move anything to get at the lathe.
I never thought Id say this, but after I finish the attic bedroom and redo the finish room, Im thinking of purchasing a much larger lathe so I can make larger items like bowls and hollow forms. (or at least try, but Ive knocked down my wood supplies enough that I have enough room on one wall to make space for a larger lathe, and I think Im going to do it when Im finished with current projects)

Nice-looking razor, Allen. :thumb:

I never thought Id say this, but...Im thinking of purchasing a much larger lathe so I can make larger items like bowls and hollow forms...

Read it and weep, Larry!

b47153085.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

yeah i know that when they bite they pull hard,, and allen can resist it some by doing flat work for healing purposes:) there are two people on here that make me at least look at one sometimes:)