Hey Folks

So, I'm Henry and I've decided to get back into the hobby. I left it some years back when I lost all my tools and just did not have the heart to do it again. But with a new wife and her being such a sweetheart she thought I should so she bought me a TS and a router! What can you say to that, except WOW, I Love You and yes I'll try real hard to make you something.
The TS is a Craftsman "Professional" Contractors M#315.218291, with the sliding miter and router extension.
Craftsman router also. She likes Craftsman:)
In the past I mostly did small stuff, boxes, shelves, niknak displays. Really want to try and up my game now that I'm older and have more patience with myself and wood.
Also going to explore the use of jigs more this time around. Should help me get back into working just building all the stuff to help build stuff:huh:.
First build is a prototype crosscut sled for the TS. With no real miter slots I had to improvise.
I know it looks funky but it is just a model to see if the configuration would work.
I look forward to learning much from the folks here.

Attachments

• 0515131751-00.jpg
    0515131751-00.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 0515131752-00.jpg
    0515131752-00.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 31
there are some very nice ldies out there that allow there better halfs to get toys and some buy them for them:) glad you got a second chance to play with wood henry,, hey put your location in your profile and you might be someones neighbor and they could give you some pointers of local wood sources:)

Welcome. I'm a big proto-type guy myself. It is a great way to prove out your ideas AND to go through the building process prior to cutting into "the good stuff".

hey henry, i have been to your parts, and my better half has a school friend that lives there as well, have hunted in the black pine area up there for mule deer. north and west of colorado springs.. nice country..

Nice to have you join up Henry, you're going to like it here. The "old pros" (young'uns too) really know their stuff and are at their best whenever they have a chance to help a fellow FWW member, and they do so gladly!.