A Couple More Simple Segmented Pens

A while back I had shown a simple segmented pen with white acylic and red and black pickguard material. Within the posting and the thread I shown my jig for making this pen and on the jig I had another blank which was a black acrylic and aluminum inlay ready for turning. Some people recently asked if I ever finished the pen and I totally forgot to show it here. My bad as they say. So without further ado here is another simple segmented pen and in fact 2 of them.

In the first photo there is the 2 blanks I made. The one on the left was cut at 60 degree angle while the one on the right was cut at 45 degree angle with aluminum end rings added. The pens are Sierra Vistas. Thanks for looking and any comments or questions are always welcomed.

Edit-- I just went back on other posts and it turns out that I did show these after all. The thread was titled "From the Shop" Anyway this is for those that asked in the other thread to see them. Sorry for the double photos.

Last edited:
John,

Beautiful pens in both threads. I want to try some inlays or segmented turning, just never got around to it. Planned to make some butterfly pool cues, now I am scaling down a bit!

A friend makes beautiful miniature cues, about the size of a pen. It strikes me that the clear base you show in your pictures would be great to show them off too. Did you buy those or make them?

Hu

John,

Beautiful pens in both threads. I want to try some inlays or segmented turning, just never got around to it. Planned to make some butterfly pool cues, now I am scaling down a bit!

A friend makes beautiful miniature cues, about the size of a pen. It strikes me that the clear base you show in your pictures would be great to show them off too. Did you buy those or make them?

Hu

Thanks for the kind words.

I would love to see some of his cues. Does he have a web site??? That is one of those things that is on my to do list. I sell billiard ball clocks and want to incorporate pool cue pens at some time.

As far as the base goes I made this one some time ago. All it is, is some casting resin poured into a dixie cup and placed on my lathe and turned to shape. Then cut the groove with a dremel tool and polished.