a little something for the nephew's basement

Dan Noren

Staff member
my nephew is working on finishing the basement of his house, and he asked if i could make a little something to make the hole in the wall where his breaker box look better. he sent me a pic of the area in question, and the dimensions of the hole. good thing i went over there the other morning to double check the measurements, because they were a bit off. not too sure if these kids can read a tape measure these days. with that done, pop and i went to get the needed lumber, and hardware for this little project. the breaker box is framed with room to spare, and it was just a matter of making a door with a frame, and trimmed. the pics show the door and frame by itself, and with the trim. the trim went on to make it easier for my sister to stain and finish the door and trim before it is put in place. once in place, a few nails from the gun inside, and the outer part of the trim, and it will be all set.

Attachments

• door 001.jpg
    door 001.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 48
  • door 002.jpg
    door 002.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 46
  • door 003.jpg
    door 003.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 47
  • door 004.jpg
    door 004.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 44
That is great, my dad did something similar in his basement many years ago, all my friends thought we had a safe behind it, I had to open it to show them is was just a breaker box :D

I bet the next owners will be looking all over the breaker box before they look behind that fine looking piece of woodworking...:D