Larger Container for DNA Bath ?

I bought something similar to this. I didn't buy six as they are advertising. Big enough for what I need and I put some thin foam with sticky on one side like you use to insulate a door with. I just add fresh DNA every now and then when I see it going down. I started with 3 gallons of DNA.

I think I remember my dad using a large contractor waste bag before. He just made a mound out of lathe curlies, made kind of a pit to place the bag with the roughed bowl in and then he added the DNA to create a little pool like thing.

I've used a large plastic tub with a plywood lid I turned to fit. I put weatherstripping on the edge of the lid, and also added a ball valve to let the air out when I put the lid on. I put a quick-connect fitting on it thinking I might want to use my vacuum pump on it, but it seals well without, and I suspect the vacuum pump would crush the tub. Plus, it's probably not a good idea to pull DNA fumes through a vacuum pump. ;)

DNA%20Tub%203%20800.jpg

DNA%20Tub%201%20800.jpg

DNA%20Tub%202%20800.jpg

DNA%20Tub%204%20800.jpg

I've also done the heavy garbage bag/pile of chips thing for pieces that wouldn't fit in the tub. :thumb:

That all said, I pretty much stopped using the DNA bath, since I wasn't convinced I was gaining anything. Pieces that I just wrapped in paper and let dry didn't seem to warp or crack any worse than the DNA-treated pieces, and they seemed to dry in about the same length of time, too.