JDS

Jim DeLaney

Staff member
Just got home a bit ago from retrieving my newest tool. I got a deal on a JDS Multi-Router. Guy that had it got it from his father-in-law, who used it maybe twice, and then kept it on display in his family room for a couple years. When he went 'to the home,' Bob got it, and stored it in his garage for another couple years before dusting it off and selling it to me.

The machine is like new, and comes to me with nearly $800 worth of extras. I got the whole thing for well less than half price, so I'm pretty stoked.

Attachments

• jds3.jpg
    jds3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 49
  • jds4.jpg
    jds4.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 48
  • jds5.jpg
    jds5.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 44
  • jds6.jpg
    jds6.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 39
  • jds8.jpg
    jds8.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 37
Got no idea what it is or what it does. So you just go ahead and send it up to me so I can figure it out.:thumb:

I didn't know "congrats" were in order for a killing.
I guess they are; so congratulations!!!

Glenn, If you see this: Remember me telling you about the mans woodworking shop I was in. That is the gizmo I was trying to describe that he had down at the end of one of his lathes.

Enjoy,
JimB

I didn't know "congrats" were in order for a killing.
I guess they are; so congratulations!!!

Glenn, If you see this: Remember me telling you about the mans woodworking shop I was in. That is the gizmo I was trying to describe that he had down at the end of one of his lathes.

Enjoy,
JimB

well jim write it down as to where it is so we can get it from him:) they one sweet tool...the best thing out there ofr loose tenon work.

Got the JDS stand back together, and the machine mounted on it. Mounted a Milwaukee 5615 router on it (it was factory pre-drilled for that, or a P-C 690).

Been playing with it this afternoon, using scrap pine.

Directions are nearly as complicated as those for a Leigh jig, but when followed, they produce PERFECT(!) mortises and tenons.

I think I'll buy a couple new router bits (end mills) for it, though. I used a couple spiral upcut bits I had on hand, and they worked well, but JDS recommends 2-flute end mils for smoother cuts, Other than dovetails (which I don't have the templates for), the machine only requires three bits/mills for everything: 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2. For 90% of what I do, I'll only need the 3/8 & 1/2. Guess I'll check ENCO out...