The Lady Who Bought My House

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I sold my previous house back in 2004 to a very cool, down to earth, and fun lady named Maree Cheatham. We've stayed in touch and remained friends since then. Chances are you never heard of Maree, but she's an actress who's been in showbiz for decades. She did a lot of work on soap operas back in the '60s and beyond. She's had parts on everything from Gunsmoke and Ben Casey to Beetlejuice and Monk. Here's what IMDB says about her.

Her latest show is called Sam and Cat, on Nickelodeon. It's a show about a couple of teenaged girls and a wacky grandmother, I think. (Starts this weekend, as I recall.) She sent me this promo shot recently:

Maree in a Cart.jpg

As you can see, she's perfectly sane and normal. :D

Little side story, Maree had a semi-recurring role on the TV show Monk, and around the time she bought my house she was killed off. She "died" in a warehouse accident where a tall stack of boxes fell on her and crushed her to death. After they were done shooting that scene, she talked the director out of all the empty boxes that had just "killed" her...she used them as moving boxes. :thumb:

Well, doing a bit of Web sleuthing, it looks like it was a large flat-screen TV that killed her. (Assuming the synopsis on IMDb is correct.) So it looks like I was a bit off on the story, but I do remember her telling me her moving boxes came from shooting that scene.