On a bit of a high!

Roger Tulk

My son and I are leaving tomorrow for West Chester, PA, to visit my brother. We're going to do a bit of golf, and two barbecue parties, including my brother's Father's Day party for the family. But first, my son and I are going to visit the MLCS/Penn State Industries Retail Store in Philadelphia, to stock up on a few minor things I need to get my box jointing and dovetailing career undeway, and also to pick up a couple of things that may come handy on my lathe.

My bro and I fought like cats and dogs (real, slugging fistfights) when we were young, but now we're best friends, and don't get to see enough of each other. Yeah, I'm excited!

Have a great time, Roger. :wave: Try not to leave TOO much money at Penn State. ;)

Ha Roger ain't that what all brothers do when they are young.:rofl: We sure did.:D

Sisters, too. I didn't grow up with any brothers, but had two older sisters. The oldest moved out when I was still in elementary school, but the other one used to kick my butt from one end of the house to the other on a regular basis. The last fistfight we ever had was the first one I won. ;) (That was also the last time I've hit a girl.) She and I have been best friends pretty much ever since then, too. :D

Thanks, guys! We are having a great time, and we were able to stop into MLCS as we came into town. I now have all the parts I need to make dovetails and finger joints, turn some elementary bowls, and do routered bowls. I'll go crazy when I get home.

The drive down here was terrible. We were driving through a very heavy rainstorm until we turned south, but we prevailed. My truck got very dirty, though. I wanted to show it off to my brother all cleaned and waxed. :(