Heads up!

Jim Burr

You you pen folks, IAP is having a quick PITH for the guy that ran them for years and recently fell seriously ill. 40 person limit and no theme!

I had to look it up too!

Pen In The Hat. Seems like the way we do our swaps around here.

But is it a fund raiser? Or just something to offer support for the fella?

A few months ago, Landon aka Hunter-27 was hit my a massive stoke, if I remember correctly. Although not a fundraiser, he was the master of some of the coolest pen swaps ever! So this is just to support him. Mike Bromberg, IAP Activities Director is insisting on more of these on a more frequent basis. There is no theme to this one, but in the past they have included; only edible materials, only pine, plastics only, etc...etc. PITH (Pen In The Hat) comes from the old method of pulling random names/numbers out of a hat. Sometimes it's a direct swap, draw two names and they swap with each other, or a round robin/rotating swap where person one swaps with person 2, person two with person 3...so on and so on. Some guys make kitless and some make slimlines out of whatever they have. I think I have about 15 PITH pens and they are all treasured!!
They also do Cast blank PITH's, Materials only (scary!) PITH's; you and someone else whats materials...whatever you feel like and the receiver makes a pen out of some or all of the included materials.