Burning Woods ....errr gifts..

Rob Keeble

Well get a bunch of us together an invariably all sorts of bits and pieces were being handed out left right and center......
Naturally get a bunch of boys together and .....well discussion after woodworking quickly turns to .....yep guns and knives...

So Brent brought out a toy to show Darren....who suddenly looked like a puppy without a home or food lol....

Of course Brent being a sucker for the sad look on his face, goes missing for a few seconds and returns to hand Darren a gift.

uploadfromtaptalk1371997484597.jpg

In the picture the gift was the black handle on the right.

Now he was not about to let me go home empty handed so he hands me the new toy on the left.

Now ....for folks that are in a hurry to get frothy at the mouth about these things please first put on your sense of humor caps......

So we start joking about the discrimination between what a US guest gets versus a Canadian visitor...;)

The discussion was kinda around ....my blade is bigger than yours....but whats legal in this state versus that one versus another and of course how i am gonna take the gift home on the airline...

Well the laughter erupted when we opened them up...
upa8ymej.jpg

Which Canadian can argue about getting Sam Adams summer ale and an opener...lol

Darrens got the blade..:)

Enjoy...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Well Rob, I think you were sent by your government to capture a part of Nevada for a new Canadian province (or would we be a fourth territory?) There are Canadian flags all over the place and I found myself humming 'O Canada' this morning :rofl:

Awwww crap...now that song will be in my head all day!! Where can an interested party obtain one of those knives, other than Canada of course!!

Yep, It's called the 'Lightning OTF'. A google search on that should turn up quite a few places on the internet that sells them.

Pretty cheap knife. I use mine around the ranch for doing things like breaking up boxes for recycling, prying, and generally just beating it silly. It's held up pretty well to some decent abuse.

Got home. Brent and Sharon, thank you for everything. Will post up some pics tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Oof, That must have been a long trip. Glad you made it safely! Thanks again so much for traveling to M.O.N. (Middle of Nowhere)!

Rob failed to mention the gifts that he brought. Within minutes of my arrival Friday night, I was chatting with everyone on the back porch when I heard a buzzing sound off in the distance. Upon further investigation, I found Rob in the shop with a metal engraver, customizing this for me:

Burning%20Wood%202013%20Canada%20Keychain%201.jpg

Nobody told me Rob is a professional engraver. :D And it anyone HAD told me, they'd be lying. :rofl: Still infinitely better than I would have been able to do, though. And I'll always appreciate the keychain as a great gesture from Rob and a wonderful memento of the whole event. :thumb:

Burning%20Wood%202013%20Canada%20Keychain%202.jpg

He also had Canadian flags for all, and I also ended up with a second keychain/lanyard that's as Canadian as back bacon, touques and Molson. :D